Please note: I don't usually measure ingredients, so these amounts are estimated. You can always add or omit any ingredient!
Tex Mex Lasagna (for 4-6 servings)
1 lb. of ground beef, cooked and drained
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of mixed peppers (green, yellow, orange, and/or red), finely chopped so there is no evidence of veggies
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn kernals
1 pkg. corn tortillas (about 10)
2 cups shredded cheese (I like the yellow/white marble or Tex Mex blend)
- Cook ground beef until no longer pink and drain grease.
- Saute onion, garlic, and peppers.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, beans, and corn. Cook on low until warm.
- Layer ground beef mixture and tortillas like you would a traditional lasagna, overlapping tortillas, in a lasanga casserole pan.
- Spread cheese on top.
- Bake 350F for about 25-30 minutes, until hot throughout and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for about 10 min.
- Serve with tortillas chips, salsa, sour cream, and fresh tomato slices.
I hope this is a hit with your family as it was in mine!